NOTE for all events
Host’s home is in a 3rd floor walk-up apartment (no elevator), located in Astoria, in Queens, NYC.
Host has Two Cats but keeps home impeccably clean and always ensures that cats don’t interfere with food prep.
SOLD OUT! January 20, 2018 – Greek dinner
- Salad of baby greens, watermelon, tomato, red onion, feta, mint and flat-leaf parsley in a balsamic vinaigrette
- Homemade spanakopita (spinach pie)
- Slices of orange topped with homemade black olive tapenade and fennel seed (palate cleanser)
- Homemade stuffed grape leaves (filled with tomato sauce, rice and ground beef). Accompanied by sauteed zucchini and tzatziki
- Dessert: assorted cookies from Astoria’s own Artopolis Bakery
- Shot of ‘Mastiha’ to finish off our night!
$35/person (various ticketing links directly below…)
Mealsharing.com (first link below) is offering $15 off on first two seats purchased on their platform!!
First two tickets purchased via BrownPaperTickets, and entering (case sensitive) Password of ‘LynnsNYCgreek’ get $10 off.
NOTE TO SELF: ALL EVENTS BELOW ARE FROM 2017 AND MUST BE MOVED TO ‘PAST EVENTS’ PAGE…..
June 10, 2017 – Dine & Learn: Sprouting 101 and Food & Drink Magic with High-Speed Blenders!
NOTE: Tickets for this event are being sold via multiple platforms: as of June 8, three tickets have been sold. Eight attendee maximum in total.
I will be hosting a demonstration of how to make healthy drinks, soups, sorbets using a high-speed blender, and how to grow sprouts in your own home. This event will be held at OK Café in Astoria, my absolute favorite coffeeshop in the neighborhood, and who was kind enough to offer their charming café as venue.
Using a high-speed blender, I will show how easy it is to make soups and sorbets (not to mention nut milks, peanut butter and more!).
I will also demonstrate how effortless and rewarding it is to grow sprouts in your home. Sprouts are full of essential nutrients, and help make salads and sandwiches that much more delicious!
- Welcome Drink: a mixed fruit/vegetable drink (vegan)
- Salad: Salad Nicoise, with some sprouts also added. Salad Nicoise traditionally contains hard-boiled egg and Italian tuna, but these components will be kept to the side in case any attendees are vegan/vegetarian.
- Soup: Garden Pea Soup (vegan)
- Dessert: Strawberry Lime Sorbet (vegan)
Cost per person: $25 (includes all food/drink mentioned above)
Coffee, tea, wine and beer will be available for individual purchase onsite.
Maximum # of attendees: 8
And…. thank you in advance for your interest!
(Date TBD) Italian Dinner with ‘Nana’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs’
You may be thinking, ‘where does this Irish/French-Canadian woman get off thinking she can compete with real Italians and their cooked-all-day-on-Sunday spaghetti sauces?!’ Well I may not have any Italian blood in me, but you know who did?? …my grandmother’s boyfriend! Yup, that’s right… after my grandpa died, my grandmother found herself an Italian boyfriend, and that’s where this recipe originated from.
The meatballs are made with a mix of ground veal and beef. As for the spaghetti sauce, well it’s a rich meat sauce, but that’s all I can tell you. If I divulged any other details on the sauce, I’d have to kill you. 😉
Above note added on August 15, 2016
(Date TBD) Veal Osso Bucco with Risotto