NOTE for all events
Host’s home is in a 3rd floor walk-up apartment (no elevator), located in Astoria, in Queens, NYC.
Host has Two Cats but keeps home impeccably clean and always ensures that cats don’t interfere with food prep.
Next event will be on Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019…. a Vegetarian (Vegan-optional) menu.
On the menu will be:
- Cream of Carrot Soup
- Palate cleanser of orange slices topped with homemade tapenade and fennel seed
- Brown-rice stir fry with tofu, kale, fresh ginger, egg (can be set aside for any vegans….), cilantro, garlic, tamari, lime juice
- For dessert: Strawberries Done Three Ways
Tickets can be purchased here. And you can always follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to learn more about this and other future events.
NOTE TO SELF: ALL EVENTS BELOW ARE FROM 2018 AND PRIOR, AND MUST BE MOVED TO ‘PAST EVENTS’ PAGE…..
October 27, 2018 – Home-cooked Greek dinner
This meal incorporates recipes passed onto me by my Greek aunt.
- Salad of baby greens, watermelon, tomato, red onion, feta, mint and flat-leaf parsley in a balsamic vinaigrette
- Homemade spanakopita (spinach pie)
- Slices of orange topped with homemade black olive tapenade and fennel seed (palate cleanser)
- Homemade stuffed grape leaves (filled with tomato sauce, rice and ground beef). Accompanied by sauteed vegetables and tzatziki
- Dessert: assorted cookies from Astoria’s own Artopolis Bakery
- Shot of ‘Mastiha’ to finish off our night!
$35/person (pricing may vary slightly depending on the ticketing platform and its built-in fees)
Various ticketing options directly below:
NOTE: If you buy a ticket on the Eventbrite platform, the first few tickets get a $10 discount by entering the code of ‘LynnNYCgreek’ during the Purchase Ticket process!
If you prefer to order a ticket directly through me (sending payment via Paypal or Venmo), please send me a DM.
June 10, 2017 – Dine & Learn: Sprouting 101 and Food & Drink Magic with High-Speed Blenders!
NOTE: Tickets for this event are being sold via multiple platforms: as of June 8, three tickets have been sold. Eight attendee maximum in total.
I will be hosting a demonstration of how to make healthy drinks, soups, sorbets using a high-speed blender, and how to grow sprouts in your own home. This event will be held at OK Café in Astoria, my absolute favorite coffeeshop in the neighborhood, and who was kind enough to offer their charming café as venue.
Using a high-speed blender, I will show how easy it is to make soups and sorbets (not to mention nut milks, peanut butter and more!).
I will also demonstrate how effortless and rewarding it is to grow sprouts in your home. Sprouts are full of essential nutrients, and help make salads and sandwiches that much more delicious!
- Welcome Drink: a mixed fruit/vegetable drink (vegan)
- Salad: Salad Nicoise, with some sprouts also added. Salad Nicoise traditionally contains hard-boiled egg and Italian tuna, but these components will be kept to the side in case any attendees are vegan/vegetarian.
- Soup: Garden Pea Soup (vegan)
- Dessert: Strawberry Lime Sorbet (vegan)
Cost per person: $25 (includes all food/drink mentioned above)
Coffee, tea, wine and beer will be available for individual purchase onsite.
Maximum # of attendees: 8
For a $15 discount, sign up via the Mealsharing.com platform (valid only for those new to Mealsharing.com).
Otherwise please click here for tickets via Eventbrite!
And…. thank you in advance for your interest!
(Date TBD) Italian Dinner with ‘Nana’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs’
You may be thinking, ‘where does this Irish/French-Canadian woman get off thinking she can compete with real Italians and their cooked-all-day-on-Sunday spaghetti sauces?!’ Well I may not have any Italian blood in me, but you know who did?? …my grandmother’s boyfriend! Yup, that’s right… after my grandpa died, my grandmother found herself an Italian boyfriend, and that’s where this recipe originated from.
The meatballs are made with a mix of ground veal and beef. As for the spaghetti sauce, well it’s a rich meat sauce, but that’s all I can tell you. If I divulged any other details on the sauce, I’d have to kill you. 😉
Above note added on August 15, 2016
(Date TBD) Veal Osso Bucco with Risotto